Skin Cancer / Melanoma
Exams and Melanoma / Skin Cancer Treatment in New York City
- Anyone, regardless of skin color or ethnicity, can develop skin cancer, so it is important to practice sun safety.
- Melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, can be hard to diagnose in people with skin of color because it can be hidden between the toes or on the scalp.
- Often, melanoma is not diagnosed in people with skin of color until after the cancer has spread, making treatment less effective.
- People with skin of color should practice regular skin self-examinations and learn how to identify suspicious lesions.
- If you would like more information or are feeling uncertain after a self-examination, schedule an appointment at our practice for skin cancer treatment in NYC today.